UPC Number Owner Process
Authentication Process for U.P.C. Number Owners
This web site will authenticate U.P.C. numbers from members who own individual U.P.C. Bar Code Numbers:
- You may sign off or you may enter one of the U.P.C. numbers you want authenticated.
- The site will check that the Prefix to the number entered is registered with the site. If it is, the query will answered with "everything is OK." You may then log off or continue on below adding additional information for each U.P.C. item. Jump to 3 below
- If the prefix for the number is not registered with the site, you will be asked for information on where you acquired the number
- The site will independently contact the prefix owner who sold you the number, suggest they become prefix members and attempt to collect information that would validate that the number you have would be authentic.
- You will see a list of all your numbers and their payment status. You may enter another number or you may pay $4.99 for any of the unpaid numbers that are listed.
- For any of the paid numbers on the listing of your numbers you may add additional information that may be useful to your distribution channel and others, e.g.:
- How to contact you
- Product Name and Brand Size information
- Retail Package Dimensions
- Suggested Receipt Tape wording
- URL to obtain vendor coupons, if any
- Rules for providing and redeeming coupons, if any
- Contact point for Cooperative Advertising programs
- General miscellaneous comments about this product
- Up to 5 URL's appropriate to this product
- Up to 5 stores and their locations that presently carry the product.
- Log off or loop back to item 2 above and continue till you have registered all your numbers.